The Town of Fort Mill is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Planner I- Planning Department
The Town of Fort Mill is currently accepting applications for the position of Planner I in the Planning Department.
Job Duties: Click here for a full job description
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Town of Fort Mill’s zoning ordinance and land development regulations.
- Reviews and inspects development proposals for consistency with local zoning laws and regulations, and provides enforcement of such regulations when required.
- Assists with the processing and review of requests for annexation, rezoning, text amendments and other policy matters before the town council.
- Assists with the development of short- and long-term plans.
- Provides information to customers regarding zoning requirements and land development regulations.
- Attends meetings outside of regular business hours, including evenings and weekends.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in city/regional/urban planning, architecture, public policy, public administration or a similar field with at least two years’ of experience in planning, zoning, land use, and land development work, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. A master’s degree in the above referenced fields may be used in lieu of the required minimum experience.
- Must have knowledge of state laws governing land development, zoning and comprehensive planning.
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle conflict, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Previous planning experience in the state of South Carolina is preferred.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina state driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug screening and thorough background check.
Deadline: First review of applications will be on March 21, 2014. Position will remain open until filled.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, references and salary history to Town of Fort Mill, Attn: Joe Cronin, P.O. Box 159, Fort Mill, SC 29716.
Application materials may also be emailed to email@example.com . (Email submission is preferred, though not required)
The Town of Fort Mill is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for a TOWN OF FORT MILL APPLICATION
***BELOW IS THE APPLICATION USED FOR THE FORT MILL POLICE DEPARTMENT ONLY!!!
FORT MILL POLICE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
***ONLY USE THE ABOVE APPLICATION FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT!!!